Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why travelwithashishkaul?

Why do I need this blog. The answer lies in my understanding or rather in my limited understanding of the medium of blogging. The answer also has to do with what I have experienced - that I have met so many interesting people while travelling, especially in the course of offbeat or unconventional travel. I have also often confronted the frsutration of finding likeminded company for offbeat travel plans. I have also seen that travel is the best context for enjoying the company of strangers. And that makes it so much more interesting. I hope this blog will help in this. I hope that thru this I will help others too find likeminded company for their travel as well.
You know at the back of my mind are a few trips:
1. Like climbing Imja Tse or Island Peak in Nepal is Sept / Oct
2. Like driving thru torrential monsoons of the Konkan coast
3. Like driving into Bhutan thru Phuntsling in the rains of the North East (these rains are different you know)
4. Like sleeping in tents by the Manali Leh Road, an Enfield by the side.
And so on.
Any takers?
Post your own ideas. And with travel with me or with someone likeminded on travelwithashishkaul

Ta Ta for now.
Tashi Delek!

4 comments:

Raja said...

Like a wise man said, "The World is a Book, and Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only A Page".

Its always a pleasure to read about a fellow traveller's exploits. Serves as an inspiration as well as a yardstick. Waiting for future posts.. Rajagopal P

Unknown said...

Interesting start ... Am keen to know your travels and the experiences ... Would love to get some tips ..... especially for off beat locations ...

Look forward to your future posts ...

Shabri said...

Interesting... Will look forward to read your forthcoming posts...

Cheers !!

Unknown said...

Interesting trips..........
Its good to read about the travel experiences, will look forward for more posts....
Zankhana